January 19, 2014

FOTD : The daily face


Even though it's a new year, some things never change. For example, waking up on time in the morning. Alarms become useless the moment I shut them off and go back to bed for another fifteen or twenty minutes. Obviously, this consumes the time I use for doing my makeup properly. Hence, a new go-to look has been created for people who take time like me *waves hand innocently*.

When I go to school, I prefer using products that suit me instead of trying a new foundation or blush that make me look like an oompa loompa. We all have those days... So most of the products mentioned are old favourites that I've been rediscovering, at the momento.

My skin has gone back to being really pale. Surprisingly, not as pale as last year. So I popped out Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturiser, a last year's winter favourite. Whoa! I forgot how great it looks on the skin. It goes on so smoothly and blends perfectly with your skin. I believe I have fallen back in love with this treasure. And to cover up dark circles, blemishes and whatever sleep deprivation does to your face, I use my beloved, old and boring MAC studio finish concealer. Surprise, surprise..

Another old treasure that I've been using is MAC's gingerly blush. I'm so surprised by how much I've been enjoying this lately. I'm almost sure that it's the only flattering blush in my collection now. When I bought it at first, I thought it would look good as a bronzer, but it's actually a melange of both, bronzer and blush. Talk about best of both worlds, eh?

As for eyes, it's really the standard Zein look: Sigma cream base in Provoke and a good coat of Benefit's They're Real mascara. This mascara is the only one that seems to give me, both, volume and length at the same time. Where are them other good mascaras at??

As you may have noticed, I'm sticking to the products that I know best. But this will get pretty boring after a week or two. I'm open to new products suggestions. Concealer? Mascara? Blush? Anything! It gives me another excuse to go shopping :D

What are your "keeping it safe" products? 


- Zein xx