January 09, 2014

The Residence's Favourites : Top 13 beauty products of 2013!


Happy new year everyone! You know it's a new year when every girl chops off her hair and dyes it in a different colour. Well, a part from me, of course. I'm the only one stuck with curly hair problems. Anyways.. Dear God, this year was so busy and hectic! Luckily, I had enough time to breathe. A lot has happened during 2013, other than the usual ups and downs: I got featured in a magazine for the first time (woot woot!), I hosted my first giveaways, I made it to 100 followers, etc. Honestly, I still can't believe people read what I have to say and take their time to comment. To the people who comment all the time, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

This post is starting to get a bit too emotional... Back to makeup. Although I've been blown away by quite a number of products, it was hard for me to choose 13 beauty products - sucks to be picky.

Enough with the rambling. That was a very long intro. I suggest you go take a snack and make yourself a hot cup of coffee or tea before you keep on reading. And since this is a favourites post, I might get a bit carried away when I'll share my love for a few products. Just a bit.

Ladies and gentlemen (if there are any), my 2013 favourites:

1. Dermalogica's Daily Macrofoliant - love love love this stuff! I've used this like crazy this year. I actually finished it a few days ago *sheds a tear* Click here for a full review.

2. Eucerin lip balm - I got this with December's Glambox. I'm not sure if I have the right to put it in my 2013 favourites as I've used it for only half a month now. But I did say that I've used it in the past and loved it. It's a truly great lip balm and worth the mention.

3. Argan oil - I went to Morocco this year and got a small bottle of Argan oil for each member of my family. This oil is just fantastic for your skin. You would be surprised by the result. I apply it every night before sleeping and wake up with amazing skin.

4. Absolute Beautifying Potion by Davines - would you believe me if I told you that I can't live without this? My hair is just a mess if I don't use this after every shower. If I had to pick just one favourite item for the whole year, I think it would be this one. Review here.

5. Chanel's perfume in Allure - this perfume has been worn by several members of my family for years now. Ever since I was a child, I was a huge fan of it. Now that I'm old enough to wear this kind of fragrances, I got myself a bottle of it. The number of compliments I get when I have Allure on is unimaginable. I think I found the perfume. Mentioned and reviewed here.

6. Bronzing Primer by Bourjois - I don't use this as a primer very often. But I use this just to contour or instead of foundation. This primer is one of the mind blowing products of the year. I enjoyed everything about it. Love this baby.

7. Sigma's Eye Shadow Base - very creamy, luxurious and creaseless bases. I own the shades Provoke and Pose. They are amazing for go-to makeup. More details and full review here.

8. Armani Eyes To Kill mascara - until now, nothing tops this. I'm a drugstore mascara girl, but this is worth the price tag. Enough said.

9. Apocalips by Rimmel - I loved the formula of this so much that I went back and got the shade Big Bang and I have my eye on Stellar as well. I've shared enough of love in their review here.

10. Jane Iradale's LipColour - Oh Em Gee. Another mind blowing 2013 product. This little bullet is just marvellous. Review here.

11. Sigma's F80 brush - this flat kabuki brush is the perfect brush to achieve a flawless look. It blends the foundation seamlessly, better than the typical foundation brushes. You can get it here.

12. Sigma's P80 brush - their flat precision brush is a smaller version of the F80. Does the exact same job with concealer. Again, great buy! Click here to get it.

13. Sigma's F35 brush - if I had to choose one face brush for a beginner's kit, it would be this tapered highlighter brush. It's amazing how much it can get done. I use it for cream and powder products, blush, highlighter, bronzer, setting powder - especially to get to specific areas such as the under eye area or around the nose. Love it! You can get it by clicking here.

Et voila! If you want to know more about the product make sure you check out the reviews or you can navigate easily on the blog with the labels, in the tool bar on the right hand side, just by clicking on the name of the brand or the function of the product.

I hope you all had a great year and that you fulfilled your resolutions, unlike me *guilty*.

What are you favourite 2013 products? Leave a comment below :) 


- Zein xx